Gandhigiri Rocks... But can it work ?
"Lage Raho Munnabhai" has surely gone in a big way to coin a new term "Gandhigiri" and if you are one of those people like me who have already seen the movie multiple times "Gandhigiri" would seem an in thing to you and it sure rocks. But coming out of the theatre yesterday evening I was in a dilemma. Gandhigiri sure does rocks, but can it work ?
Gandhigiri talks about truth & non violence. Talking about it, in todays world can we actually live our leave peacefully following it. I am in no way opposing the thougts of a great person like "Mahatam Gandhi" nor I am questioning the intentions of the movie "Lage Raho Munnabhai". All I am trying to list down are some things which we all need to do for the implementation of Gandhigiri
Truth means no piracy --> No illegal mp3 songs or illegal downloads.
- I am not too sure about this, but for that matter even getting photostat copies of books would be illegal.
- No unlicensed softwares on our PC. (As per a google search 35% of software installed on PC was illegal. India's piracy rate is still a whopping 72%)
- No road-rage i.e. no abuses to other verhicles/their drivers. (Is this possible ;-))
- No corruption to Office babus --> i.e. getting your license, passports, Marriage Certification etc. without paying a single paise of Bribe.
- Never lie to your boss, spouse, parents, children, friends & most importantly yourself.
With this thought I end this post, Jai Hind.